Friday, January 29, 2010

Finishing

I have been knitting like crazy lately. Wait! I always knit like crazy! Perhaps I have been finishing things up like crazy, which has me feeling like I am knitting more than usual.

Here is the round-up of things that I have finished in the past month or so:

1. 3 pairs of mittens for Afghans for Afghans. (Yes, I am aware that there are only two pairs shown here. The other pair is waiting to be felted in the washing machine, before it gets it's photo shoot.)

2. An Owl Sweater for my mom. This is the first attempt at getting the sweater to fit, since I am having to improvise without her being here to try it on. The first attempt met with some success. It fits in the chest, tummy and hips, but the sleeves are too tight, and the neckline is a little too wide for her preference. It is coming back in the mail for a do-over, and hopefully we will get some finished pictures of her wearing it after that. You'll have to deal with photos of it on the couch for right now. I'm a total nerd, but really how cool are those cables that look like owls.

3. I finished up a pair of French Press Slippers
for myself. Mine turned out beautifully, but too narrow for my wide feet. They may get another go in hot water and be given away as a gift to some lucky someone, while I tweek the pattern for my fat feet.

4. A lace scarf to match my bright green wool coat. This was the project that I started when FIL was here, and I made an escape to the yarn store. I am totally enchanted by the color changes in the yarn, and I am amazed that something this beautiful and relaxing cost me only $6.

On the needles now, I have a pair of Monkey Socks, and a Vernal Equinox Shawl, (this photo is not mine, as mine is still in progress, and really looks like a pile of crap, right now) which I hope to have done before the Ravolympics start on February 18th. More to follow about Ravolympics later.

1 comment:

  1. Soo cool!!! I love them all!!! I will be honest though, when I read earlier about an owl sweater, I was thinking, what crazy did you turn? But now that I see it, I LOVE it!!! It's not in your face owl, it's the subtle details and cute little eyes that make it! I love it!!! You are so talented! I wish I had half that talent!

    ReplyDelete